There is an old hymn that celebrates these words. Worship songs have come and gone over the years focusing on this great truth – only the blood of Jesus washes us clean. Oh but His loving sacrifice has done so much more for us!
As I sat down to write the devotion for day 19 (Titus 3:5), I could not stop reading. As my heart led me through verse 6 and then 7, I knew that there was no way that these beautiful verses of hope and victory could be separated.
Let’s focus on this entire section and celebrate the victory we have in Christ Jesus, not only today, but every day!
“He saved us – not by works of righteousness that we had done, but according to His mercy – through the washing and regeneration and renewal by the Holy Spirit. He poured out His Spirit on us abundantly through Jesus Christ our Savior so that, having been justified by His grace, we may become heirs with the hope of eternal life.” Titus 3:5-7 CSB
Take a moment and look for those action words that relate to what God has done.
- Poured out
- become heirs
We see the glorious character of God unfold in this passage.
- God saved me, not because of anything that I did, but by His great mercy.
- Jesus washed me clean, regenerating and renewing me by His Holy Spirit.
- God poured out His Holy Spirit – not in small portion, but without holding back. Fully and abundantly The Holy Spirit rains over me.
- He has justified me – declared me innocent; acquitted me of all of my sins! How? By His amazing grace.
- As if He hadn’t already done more than I could ever deserve, He goes further and allows me to become his heir. Jesus Christ, Savior of the world, calls me an heir to his inheritance in heaven!
- Chris is my provider of hope and grantor of eternal life!
Do you see who you are in Christ? You are whole, complete, saved, regenerated, made new, justified, redeemed, covered by grace and mercy. You are daughter of the King!